Best Compact Camera For Travel
These cameras are as professional as you would expect, yet the compact models are small and lightweight so that you can take them on the go with you without feeling weighed down by them in any way.
In this guide, we will take a look at four of the best compact camera for travel on the market so that you can choose the one that will work best for your needs and that will last for quite a while.
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm STM Lens - WiFi Enabled
3 used from $519.98
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
- Fast & Accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase-detection
- Vary-angle Touch Screen, 3.0-inch LCD
- Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth Technology
- Full HD 60p & External Microphone Input
The Canon EOS Rebel SL2 DSLR comes with an 18-55mm lens that allows you to take standard professional-quality pictures with ease.
There are battery packs you can buy for this camera to power it, and since it works with a standard SD card, storing all of the photos and videos you capture should be quite easy.
The image processor on this camera will allow you to take and store photos continuously, and since it has a self-cleaning dust function on it, you should be able to get it nice and clean without really having to do much to it.
Finally, the camera takes 24.2-megapixel still images that actually look quite nice and have the quality that you are looking to achieve.
Reviewers on Amazon.com say that they like the overall ease of use associated with this particular DSLR. They also like the nice LCD panel on this camera, as this allows you to see the various pictures and videos you are capturing with ease.
2) Nikon D3400 DSLR :- Best Compact Camera For Travel
Nikon D3400 DSLR Camera with AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED
18 used from $330.79
- SnapBridge Bluetooth Connectivity
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor.Magnification- Approx. 0.85 x (50 mm f/1.4 lens at infinity, -1.0 m(*1))
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- Native ISO 100-25600; 5 fps Shooting. Compatability information: C firmware v. 1.10 and later ( released August 31, 2016 )
If you want a high-quality, compact DSLR that can take stunning 24.2-megapixel still images, then the Nikon D3400 may be the ideal choice for you.
This camera captures full-1080p HD videos that look absolutely amazing, and since there is 11-point autofocus on the camera, you should be able to easily focus on a wide variety of subjects with ease while ensuring that nothing looks blurry or distorted.
The ISO on this camera ranges from 100 to 25600 so that you can take photos in a wide array of lighting conditions, and since there is even a self-cleaning sensor on the unit, you should be able to keep the camera clean with very minimal effort.
Amazon.com reviewers say that they like the fact that this is a great entry-level DSLR for someone who is just starting to take professional photos.
They also like the fact that you can use this camera in a wide variety of conditions and still get amazing results.
Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera 24.3MP SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Black) w/16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
44 used from $347.58
- 24 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and Focus Sensitivity Range :EV 0 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.8 lens attached)
- ISO 100-25600 (expandable to 51200). Lens compatibility- Sony E-mount lenses
- Hybrid AF with 179-point focal plane phase-detection and 25 contrast detect points
- Up to 11 FPS continious shooting. Battery Life (Still Images)- Up to 360 shots
- 3-inch tilting LCD with 921,000 dots.Viewfinder Type:0.39 in-type electronic viewfinder (color)
Thanks to the 24-megapixel exmor sensor inside the Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera, you can rest assured that the photos it takes will look fabulous and truly professional.
The 11 frame per second shooting that this unit offers allows you to take photos continuously without having to pause very long in between shots.
You can capture full-1080p HD videos with this Mirrorless camera, and since it has a lock-on autofocus, you should be able to focus on subjects quite well without creating any blurs even if you are photographing moving subjects.
According to several popular reviews on Amazon.com, users like the overall ease of use and the amazing picture quality associated with this particular camera. They also like the fact that this is smaller and lighter than many of the other cameras on the market.
4) Nikon D5600 :- Best Compact Camera For Travel
Nikon D5600 DSLR with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR and 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED
5 used from $599.00
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- 3.2" 1.037m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with NFC
Indeed, one of the best compact DSLRs on the market is the Nikon D5600. This unit has a 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor inside of it that will allow you to take high-quality pictures with ease.
Thanks to the 39-point autofocus system, you should be able to focus on your main subject fairly easily without fear of any blurs or distortions happening.
The 1080p HD video qualities should allow you to capture stunning HD videos, and thanks to the high ISO, you can shoot in just about any condition.
Finally, the large LCD screen will allow you to see what is going on with all your photos and videos without having any sort of an issue.
Several users like the selection of auto or manual focus options that are available on this particular DSLR. Of course, users also like the fact that this camera is easy for small hands to grip.
Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera Bundle with Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens + 2pc SanDisk 32GB Memory Cards + Accessory Kit
- This Camera Bundle Kit comes complete with all manufacturer supplied accessories with a 1-year warranty and includes:
- The EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera from Canon is an APS-C format digital SLR camera with an 18MP CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 4+ image processor. With 14-bit Analog/Digital conversion, an ISO range from 100-12800 (expandable to 25600), and Multi Shot Noise Reduction, it offers sharp details, accurate colors and low-noise imaging in both bright and low-light shooting situations. The Rebel T6 can continuously shoot up to 5 fps.
- Canon 18-55mm II Lens - a standard zoom compatible with Canon APS-C format cameras. It features a focal length range of 18-55mm which is equivalent to 29-88mm in the 35mm format
- Also includes - 2 x SanDisk 32GB SDHC Memory Cards + Deluxe Camera Case + Flash Light + 3pc Filter Kit + Extra Battery Pack + AC/DC Car & Home Charger + High Speed USB Card Reader + 50" Camera Tripod
- Commander 0.43x Auxiliary Wideangle Lens - it conveniently mounts to the front of your fixed or zoom lens, and allows you to capture a wider field of view, Commander 2.2x Auxiliary Telephoto Lens - brings you twice as close to the action. Perfect for long-distance photo situations such as sporting events
The Canon EOS Rebel T6 EF-S-18 55mm IS DSLR is the perfect camera for enthusiasts starting out in photography and those not accustomed to the features of DSLR cameras. It is easy to use and has 18.0 Megapixel image sensors.
When taking videos you will find the DIGIC 4 Processor is simple to use and with the high resolution photos you will love the effects.
You are able to instantly check the image you have just taken on the 3.0 inch LCD screen and know right away if you have captured your image or need to re-shoot.
You won’t have to guess about your exposure as this camera takes the guess work out of taking photos with Scene Intelligent Auto mode. It will analyze for you; colors, brightness, contrast, faces, moving objects and automatically adjust to the setting needed.
This camera will adjust itself so you can focus on the images you’re capturing.
Customers who have purchased this camera say the Rebel has created awesome photos for them.
They consider themselves to be a beginner in photography and are extremely impressed at how easy it is to operate. They went on to say this is their first DSLR camera and have been thoroughly enjoying it.
Another says this camera is great for those with more advanced skills in photography.
The camera allows you to fully adjust all the settings to manual; allowing for you to decide what will create the best photos. They feel the features of this model are great for beginners and the advanced photographers.
Nikon D3500 24.2MP DSLR Camera + AF-P DX 18-55mm VR NIKKOR Lens Kit + Accessory Bundle 64GB SDXC Memory + SLR Photo Bag + Wide Angle Lens + 2.2X Telephoto Lens + Flash+Tripod +Filters (Black)
- NIKON AUTHORIZED DEALER - Includes Full NIKON USA WARRANTY
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor. EXPEED 4 Image Processor.
- Native ISO 100-25600; 5 fps Shooting. 3.0" 921k-Dot LCD Monitor. Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps.
- BOX INCLUDES: D3500 Camera Body | EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery | MH-24 Quick Charger | AN-DC3 Strap | BF-1B Body Cap | DK-25 Rubber Eyecup | AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens | LC-55A 55mm Snap-On Front Lens Cap | Rear Lens Cap
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Sandisk Ultra SDXC 64GB UHS Class 10 Memory Card | Deco Gear Camera Bag for DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras (Medium) | Pro .43x Wide Angle Lens with Macro | Pro 2.2x Telephoto Lens Converter | 55mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter Kit (Set of 3 Carrying Case) | Bounce Zoom Slave Flash | 12-inch Rubberized Spider Tripod, Large (Red) | LCD/Lens Cleaning Pen | Cleaning Kit | Hi-Speed SDHC Memory Card Reader | Professional Blower Camera Dust Removal System | Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
This camera – Nikon D3500 24.2 CMOS DSLR Camera is suggested for the novice photography who wants a camera they can grow with. The camera is also suggested for the more advanced photographer who needs to have a second camera on hand.
Pictures turn out great in either RAW or JPEG modes as the 24.2 MP sensor ensures top resolution. The user interface is very easy to understand and there are guides to assist you as you go through the different modes and settings.
When you take videos you will love the simplicity of just pushing a button and aiming the camera towards your objects. If you are an advanced photographer you will appreciate the ability of removing the auto features and controlling the settings manually.
One customer who was just discovering DSLRs appreciated the graphical-based menu that enabled them to follow step-by-step just how to adjust camera for what they were using it for.
They also loved the many “auto” features that allowed the camera to adjust to settings when they were not sure how to.
Another review stated the software with this camera is tailored towards a beginner which was exactly what they needed. They have discovered many options with this camera that they absolutely love.
Sony a6500 Mirrorless Camera with 18-135mm Lens with LCD, 3", Black
4 used from $1,298.00
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmore sensor with advanced processing up to Iso 51.200
- Wide 425 phase detection AF points, Fast 0.05 sec. AF acquisition
- 5-Axis In-body image stabilization steadies every Lens
- 11Fps continuous shooting to 269 Frames6 at 24.2MP with AE/AF tracking
- In the box: Lens hood; Lens cap; Lens rear cap; Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50; AC Adaptor: AC-UUD12; Shoulder strap; Body cap; Accessory shoe cap; Eyepiece cup; Micro USB cable
This camera – Sony a6500 Mirrorless Camera features 24.2 megapixels to provide you with enough detail in your photos to enlarge them to an 24×36″ print.
If you are a beginner at photography, you will appreciate the SteadyShot feature that stabilizes images automatically for you.
You will also be able to check your images immediately with the 2.7 inch ClearPhoto LCD screen. The Sony Alpha camera is powered with lithium-ion batteries and uses a Pro Duo memory cards.
Customer who have purchased this camera say they had been looking for a Nikon when they first set out to get their first DSLR; however, decided against it as they offered the same features as the Sony only for a lot more money.
They love their Sony Alpha as it is super-fast with the focus and were excited to discover all the options open to them when they looked through the informative manual.
Another reviewer loves the size of the camera stating it is not too big and not too small; they also are impressed with how sturdy it feels in their hands. They are excited to try out the low light situations they can photo in with ISO settings that go up to 51200 with noise reduction.
While many people are completely happy with their compact camera, if you are looking to advance your skills and photos, the DSLR will fit your needs very nicely.
Many also like to keep both on hand as the compact will be more convenient at times for those on-the-spur shots; however, when looking to capture that perfect memory for years to come, the DSLR will give you a far better image.
Best Compact Camera For Travel :- Conclusion
In short, if you are looking for a high-quality, compact DSLR that will last for a very long time, then consider investing in one of the four models listed above.
They are able to take amazing, professional pictures, and they have various features and functions that will let you do many different things.
Therefore, no matter which one you choose, you are sure to be quite delighted with your purchase—especially since you will be getting a nice camera that you can use for quite a while.
When you have made the decision to buy a new camera; the biggest decision will be, “Should it be a DSLR or a Compact?” The most taken pictures are of people, close-ups and landscapes and these can be taken with most camera models.
There are a lot of compacts that are quick and may capture your desired subjects; however, the startup and time it takes to respond to your command is much quicker with a DSLR. The DSLR will also focus much faster.
It will depend on the type of photography you are planning on, but overall the DSLR is a faster camera than a compact. Above are some models that may fit your needs.