Best Dslr Camera For Starters 2020
Are you trying to break into the world of professional photography but don’t quite know where to begin? For starters, it may be a good idea to invest in a DSLR camera.
These devices are top-of-the line, as professional as it gets, and they offer high-quality features that you simply can’t find in many other cameras.
In this guide, we will take a look at three top-rated models so that you can find the best DSLR camera for starters in 2020.
For a beginner in photography, shifting through the different brands, each with its specifications is far from easy.
DSLR cameras are the best option for an entry-level photographer for many reasons. With DSLR cameras, what you see if what you get.
One of the key qualities of a DSLR camera is that you can swap the lens to suit the appearance of your photos.
Should you want to change the style of your photography, all you will need to do is buy other lens.
DSLR cameras have large image sensors that produce high-quality photos at just a click on the button.
Now that you know that dslr cameras are the best for beginners the next step is to pick from the different DSLR brands all which have different specifications.
To make it easy for you, have here are three dslr top rated brands which have been tested in the market and are the best for beginners.
Top 10 Best Dslr Camera For Starters 2020 List
1) Nikon D3500 DSLR:- Best Dslr Camera For Starters
Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera with AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens + 32GB Card, Flash, Tripod, and Bundle
- High-resolution imagery with 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter for exceptional sharpness and Native ISO 100-25600 for versatile lighting possibilities
- Stunning-quality movies with Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60fps and fast AF with the Multi-CAM 1000 11-Point AF System
- SnapBridge Bluetooth Connectivity allows for fast and easy sharing, AF-P DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens included
- Deluxe Camera Protector Bag with internal pockets included in the Photo Savings Bundle with a 32GB SD Card and more (see description for details)
If you’re on a tight budget and still want to take great quality photos, Nikon D3500 is for you.
Nikon D3500 is the improved version of Nikon D3400 meant to improve an entry-level photography experience.
Like Nikon D3400, this camera has a 24.2 MP, which allows for incredibly sharp and detailed images which means that you will still get high-quality shots even after you heavily crop your images.
Like Nikon D3400, this one has a filter-less sensor to maximize the image sharpness. The EXPEED 4 processing feature allows it to shoot without halting at a maximum rate of 5fps to 100 quality JPEGs.
Furthermore, with this speed, you can record a full HD movie with continuous autofocus at frame rates up to 50p/60p. This revised version performs well even in low light making it very versatile.
Reviewers like the sharp and crisp images taken using Nikon D3500 even in low light.
Something else reviewers like about this camera is that it’s smaller and lighter than its predecessors giving it a better grip and also increasing its portability.
2) Canon EOS 77D :- Best DSLR Camera for Starters & Amateurs
Canon EOS 77D Body
- 242 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- Built-in Wi-Fi*, NFC** and Bluetooth***
- Hdr movie & time-lapse movie
- Flash memory type: SDXC
Canon EOS has an expensive feel, takes quality photos and is easy to use. The textured coating gives it increases its appeal while the 360-degree mode feature gives it the ability to take photos at different angles.
Canon EOS comprehensive feature set was made to accommodate beginners in the photography as well as enthusiasts photographers.
This camera – Canon EOS 777D has both the touch controls and the button and dial control making it very popular among the inexperienced photographers. It also has top LCD for quick reference.
The 24.2 million pixel sensor plus the 14-point Digic 7 processor are a guarantee that you will have nothing but very high-quality photographs.
This camera has a hybrid autofocus system that is used in live view or video mode or when shooting HD videos, what is amazing about Canon EOS is the impact of the creative filters which can be previewed on the screen when shooting live videos
What reviewers like about Canon EOS is the combination of the touch screen control and the button and dial controls that give them the option to choose to suit their preference.
Photographers who have used this camera all agree that the quality of photographs and videos taken is of hybrid quality.
Nikon D5500 DX-format Digital SLR w/ 18-55mm VR II Kit (Black)
- 24.2 MP DX-format CMOS sensor with no optical low-pass filter (OLPF)
- 39-point Autofocus (AF) system
- 5 frames per second continuous shooting
- ISO 100 - 25,600
- High resolution, vari-angle LCD with familiar, smartphone-like touchscreen for easy use
As a beginner, great photographs will serve as a great encouragement in your photography. With Nikon D5500, you are assured taking superior quality images. Nikon D5500 is loaded with features for the creative newbie in photography who wants to experiment.
With the 24.2MP and the low-pass filters, you’re guaranteed of getting high-quality photos that capture all the details in the caption without a major issue of patterning that is common with high Megapixels.
At the highest level of sensitivity settings. The EXPEED 4 processing engine has higher improvement with noise control as compared to its predecessors like D5300.
One feature that is interesting about Nikon D5500 is the addition of two creative effects modes; Toy camera and the HDR painting.
The numbers of effects modes, the scene modes are 16 plus the usual picture control options help the creative thrive as they try out different things.
With this camera, you can shoot from different angles thanks to the varied-angle LCD screen of 3.2 inches.
What’s even better about this camera is the built-in Wi-Fi and GPS, which enable you to transfer images to a tablet or Smartphone and if you want to share them with your social network sites effortlessly.
What reviewers like about Nikon D5500 is that they can take dazzling life-like images at any angle and instantly share them with friends on social media sites. Most users also like the built-in GPS that help them track their adventures easily.
With a DSLR camera, you will have no excuse for not taking quality photographs. DSLR cameras have zero lag time which means to take instant photos; so no moments go to waste. Be sure to grab one and explore the meaning of owning a DSLR camera.
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Mirrorless Camera with 14-42mm II R Lens (Silver)
- Built-in 5-Axis image stabilization for sharper images
- 2.3 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder with 0.62X magnification
- Silent mode (disables all shutter sounds)
- 8.5 frames per second burst shooting
- Focusing Points / Focusing Points Selection Mode-81-area multiple AF (Contrast detection AF), 37-area multiple AF (Phase-difference detection AF). All target, Group target area (3x3-area), Single target(Standard Target Size/Small Target Size)
Anyone trying to find the best Mirrorless DSLR for beginners? then you may want to consider the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II.
This camera captures 16-megapixel still images and it features on-screen autofocus so that you can see exactly what you are shooting and then change the focus if necessary.
There is shadow-adjustment technology, so you can adjust the exposure of your shots if necessary in order to create stunning photographs that you can share with the rest of the world.
There is a 14-42mm standard zoom lens on the device for shooting close-ups of far-away objects, and there is also face detection technology built into the camera to make sure that people’s faces don’t get blurred.
Many users feel that this is the best Mirrorless DSLR for beginners because of the overall ease of use of this camera. Users also like the fact that you can control all of the camera’s settings manually or automatically, depending on your preferences.
5) Sony Alpha a6000:- Best Mirrorless Camera For Starters
Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera 24.3MP SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Black) w/16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
- 24 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and Focus Sensitivity Range :EV 0 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.8 lens attached)
- ISO 100-25600 (expandable to 51200). Lens compatibility- Sony E-mount lenses
- Hybrid AF with 179-point focal plane phase-detection and 25 contrast detect points
- Up to 11 FPS continious shooting. Battery Life (Still Images)- Up to 360 shots
- 3-inch tilting LCD with 921,000 dots.Viewfinder Type:0.39 in-type electronic viewfinder (color)
The Sony Alpha a6000 can easily be considered the best mirrorless camera for starters, largely because of its ability to capture 24-megapixel photos with Hybrid AF with 179-point focal plane phase detection, 25 detect points and dynamic autofocus to ensure that photos come out looking good, no matter how close-up to or far-away from the subject you were.
There is a built-in flash on this camera that pops up when it is time to use it in a dark situation.
There is also a fast-charge battery pack on this device, so you don’t have to worry about being at a loss for batteries during the perfect shooting situation.
Finally, the controls are exceptionally easy to learn, so this is an ideal camera for someone just starting out.
According to popular reviews on Amazon.com, users say that this is the best DSLR for beginners because the 24-megapixels actually produce stunning photos that you wouldn’t believe came out of a camera of this caliber.
Users also like the ease of switching from one control to another, as this helps them to become more familiar with the overall function of the camera until they are ready to move up to a higher-end model.
6) Nikon D3400 :- Best DSLR For Beginners
Nikon D3400 DSLR Camera with AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED
- SnapBridge Bluetooth Connectivity
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor.Magnification- Approx. 0.85 x (50 mm f/1.4 lens at infinity, -1.0 m(*1))
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- Native ISO 100-25600; 5 fps Shooting. Compatability information: C firmware v. 1.10 and later ( released August 31, 2016 )
The Nikon D3400 may be the best DSLR for starters for several reasons.
To begin with, it captures 24.2-megapixel still images and takes videos in full-1080p HD with full autofocus and stereo sound, so you don’t have to worry about any distortions whatsoever.
When you use the Live View controls on this camera, you can let the camera decide on its own which settings would look best on the scene you are shooting.
If you are still trying to familiarize yourself with all the controls associated with such a device, then you may appreciate the Nikon Guide Mode, which tells you what all the controls do and also provides you with on-board assistance with just the press of a button.
You can also edit your pictures directly inside the camera without the need for any external PC software.
Reviewers on Amazon.com consider this to be the best DSLR for beginners because of the overall image and video quality achieved by the device. Users also like how user-friendly the controls on this particular camera are.
PANASONIC LUMIX FZ80 4K Digital Camera, 18.1 Megapixel Video Camera, 60X Zoom DC VARIO 20-1200mm Lens, F2.8-5.9 Aperture, POWER O.I.S. Stabilization, Touch Enabled 3-Inch LCD, Wi-Fi, DC-FZ80K (Black)
- POINT-AND-SHOOT LONG ZOOM CAMERA: 18.1-megapixel MOS sensor plus 60X zoom DC VARIO lens (20-1220mm) and POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) captures far off moments
- HIGH-RESOLUTION VIEWFINDER AND LCD DISPLAY: High-resolution 1,170K-dot viewfinder and rear touch-enabled 3-inch LCD display (1040 dots) are clear even in bright sunlight
- 4K VIDEO CAPTURE: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160), plus exclusive LUMIX 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus with internal Focus Stacking allows you to record photos up to 30fps and set your desired focus points after the photo has been taken
- LOW-LIGHT PERFORMANCE: Low-light capture lets you enjoy photography during your nightlife again with impressive results
- USB CHARGING AND WI-FI CONNECTIVITY: Enjoy travel ready technologies like USB charging and Wi-Fi connectivity to your mobile device; HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB and USB 2.0 provide additional connectivity to your favorite devices.Max Resolution:4896 x 3672
The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ80 may prove to be one of the best-rated cameras for you to invest in for several reasons.
To begin with, it can capture 18.1-megapixel still images, which means that it should be very high-quality and that it will produce pictures that look like they were taken by a professional, even if that’s not necessarily the case.
You can record 4K QFHD video with this camera, and since it has a nice auto focus, you don’t have to worry about subjects appearing blurry in your videos.
The 60x optical zoom on this camera helps you take amazing close-up shots with ease, and the image stabilization function reduces camera shake to prevent any blurs or distortions from occurring.
Finally, the Dolby sound recording function on this camera produces stereo sound and locks out any background noises so that you can hear everything exactly the way that you are supposed to.
Many people like the amazing features that are on this camera so that you can take professional-quality shots with ease. They also like the super-fast focus on this camera, as this makes your shots look nice and clear.
Canon EOS REBEL T7i Body
- 242 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor Multimedia cards (MMC) cannot be used
- Built-in Wi-Fi*, NFC** and Bluetooth***
- High-Speed continuous shooting at up to 60 fps
- Color Filter System:RGB primary color filtersColor Filter System:RGB primary color filters
- Metering range:EV 1-20 (room temperature, ISO 100, evaluative metering)
Since the Canon EOS Rebel T7i is able to take 24.2-megapixel still images, you can rest assured that the photos will look absolutely stunning.
The DIGIC 7 image processor inside this camera ensures that all of your photos are saved fairly quickly so that you can shoot continuously without having to wait too long in between shots, and since the standard zoom lens that comes with this camera allows you to zoom from 18 to 55mm, you should be able to take nice close-up shots with ease.
When you put the camera into movie mode, you can take nice-quality, full-1080p HD videos, and since there is a Scene Intelligent Auto Mode on this camera, you can set the camera to AUTO and have it automatically apply the settings that it deems necessary to the scene based on a wide array of shooting situations.
People like the fact that this camera is lighter than many of the other DSLR models on the market. They also like the various features and functions on this camera that help you take nice photos.
Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera Kit w/EF-M15-45mm and 4K Video - Black
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast, accurate autofocus that helps you get the photo you want right as the moment happens
- 24.1 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 8 Image Processor delivers incredible color, clear details, and stunning range
- Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD has a flexible tilt range ideal for high-angle and low-angle shooting, and reviewing your photos
- Built-in high-resolution electronic viewfinder features approximately 2,360,000 dots to see high amounts of detail when capturing
- Automatically transfer your files to your compatible device for easy backup and online uploading with automatic image transfer.Aspect Ratio:3:2
Anyone on the hunt for the best rated cameras on the market may want to consider the Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera.
This camera is available in black or Silver, so you should be able to choose the one that you think will look the best.
Thanks to the built-in Wi-Fi connectivity on this camera, you can easily connect to the internet to share all your favorite pictures and videos over social media with your friends and family members.
This camera takes 24.1-megapixel still images, and since it comes with a 15-45mm lens taking close-up shots should be fairly easy.
There is a wide viewing angle on this camera that allows you to get more subjects in your shot than you would normally be able to, and since you can even capture 4K videos, these should look nice as well.
According to several popular reviews, users like the overall build quality of this particular camera. They also like the fact that this camera is lightweight and very easy to operate.
Sony a5100 16-50mm Mirrorless Digital Camera with 3-Inch Flip Up LCD (Black)
- Ultra-fast auto focus with 179 AF points and 6Fps
- Capture life in high resolution with 24MP APS-C sensor.Lens compatibility Sony E-mount lenses
- Instant sharing via smartphone with Wi-Fi and NFC1
- Record Full HD 1080/24/60P video3 up to 50MB/s. Compatible OS - Windows Vista SP2*6, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Mac OS X (v10.7-v10.9)
- Contains- Rechargeable Battery (NP-FW50) AC Charger (AC-UB10) Lens cap Shoulder strap Micro USB cable. BIONZ X engine for superb detail and noise reduction
Perhaps the best compact camera on the market is the Sony a5100 16-50mm Mirrorless Digital Camera .
This camera is available in black, silver, or white, so you can purchase the one that you think will look the best.
The camera takes DSLR-quality pictures, but it is much smaller and compact than standard DSLRs, which means that it should be easier to carry around.
This camera has a 24-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor that allows you to take HD photos with ease, and since it has a 16-50mm lens on it, you should be able to take great close-up shots no matter how far away you are standing from the subject you are filming.
Several users like the small size yet powerful performance that this particular camera offers. They also appreciate the overall ease of use and light weight associated with the camera.
Best DSLR Camera for Starters 2020 :- Conclusion
Finding the best rated cameras on the market is easy, but finding the one that will most closely meet your needs is often where the challenge lies.
Fortunately, if you purchase one of the four devices listed above, you will be getting a high-quality product that will last for quite a long time and that will do everything you want it to do and more, thus delighting you and keeping you happy for as long as you own it.