Best Zoom Lens For Canon
Zoom lenses which have a focal range greater than 50mm are classified as telephoto zoom lenses. Telephoto Zooms lenses are perfect to get close ups of distant objects or subjects to capture fine details.
These lenses have an innately narrow depth of field which can put a sharp focus on the subject while blurring out the background which is an ideal quality in a lens for doing portraits, sports and wildlife photography.
Some of the most popular telephoto zoom lenses for DSLRs are used by both amateur and professional photographers to get closer to their subject and trap fine details in their photographs.
Telephoto zoom lenses are used widely by wildlife photographers as they provide greater optical zoom range so that the photographer can stay well hidden while capturing subjects.
Digitization has brought about a remarkable change in the field of photography. Today technological advancements in cameras and image processing have brought a sharp rise in interest towards armature photography.
Rapid evolution in technology has also made digital cameras and supporting equipments cheaper and much more affordable than before, as a result many armature photographers are buying DSLRs.
Photography enthusiasts hobbyists alike are always looking to take their photography experience to the next level by using the most popular zoom lenses for DSLRs. In the current scenario, which lens to buy is a more pertinent question rather than which camera to buy.
Every Digital camera manufacturer also offers many types of lenses of various qualities depending on your need and budget. A few of the most popular zoom lenses for DSLRs are discussed below:
A Few Of The most popular Telephoto Zoom lenses for DSLRs are:
|Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is...||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM...||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 is...||Buy on Amazon|
|Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG...||Buy on Amazon|
1) Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Telephoto Zoom Lens :-
Best Zoom Lens For Canon
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM Lens w/Advanced Photo and Travel Bundle
- INCLUDES: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Lens + Altura Photo Venture Camera Bag + Altura Photo Compact 62" Monopod + SanDisk 64GB Ultra UHS-I SDXC Memory Card (Class 10) + Altura Photo 77MM Filter Kit (UV-CPL-ND4) + Altura Photo Cleaning Kit + Premium MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth
- HIGH PRECISION LENS: One of the most versatile lenses available, the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM is an L-series telephoto zoom distinguished by its bright design and advanced optics. Ideal for a variety of subjects ranging from portraiture to sports, the fast constant f/2.8 maximum aperture excels in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects.
- CANON brand accessories included: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Lens + E-77 II 77mm Lens Cap + Lens Dust Cap E (Rear) + ET-87 Lens Hood + LZ1326 Lens Case + Tripod Collar + Canon Limited 1-Year Warranty
- COMPATIBLE with all Canon Cameras, including EOS 7D Mark II, 70D, 77D, 80D, Rebel T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T6s, T7, T7i, SL1, SL2 APS-C Cameras, and EOS 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 6D Mark II, 5DS, 5DS R, 1Dx Mark II Full Frame DSLR Cameras.
- CANON AUTHORIZED DEALER. Includes Canon USA Warranty.
This lens was introduced by Cannon in the year 2001.
At his time it functioned as a supplement to the 70-200mm F2.8 L USM which was among the highly regarded Telepfoto line of lenses from Cannon.
This lens from Cannon has been described as a professional workhorse owing to its highly robust built which includes superior dust and moisture resistance.
It has a maximum aperture of F2.8 and is operated by a fast but very silent autofocus motor which is ultrasonic.
This lens also has optical image stabilization which is great for photographing subjects when the shutter speed is set to slow.
Other features are 4 UD elements which compensate for chromatic aberrations; this highly enhances the optical capability of the lens in high contrast shooting conditions.
2) Canon EF 70-200mm f4 IS USM L :-
Best Zoom Lens For Canon
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
19 used from $489.00
- 70-200mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4 maximum aperture for Canon digital SLR cameras
- Fluorite UD lens elements produce excellent optical performance in resolution and contrast, Closest focusing distance : 3.94 feet, Focal length: 70-200mm
- Ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) for quick and quiet autofocusing; lightweight construction
- Image Stabilizer provides up to 4 stops of shake correction; water- and dust-proof construction
- Measures 3 inches in diameter and 6.8 inches long; Weight : 1.675 pounds (lens only) ; 1-year warranty
This is a medium scale telephoto zoom lens with a constant aperture offered by Cannon.. This lens may be the ideal supplement to your Cannon DSLR if you plan to take it along on travels, holidays and trips and expeditions.
The build quality is professional grade; it is light weight and offers practical focal range for general purpose photography.
Cannons proprietary EF lens mount makes it fully compatible for use with all Cannon DSLRs as well as full frame APS-C.
It utilizes a ring type USM for noiseless and quick autofocus function.
This lens has maximum and minimum aperture sizes of f4 and f32 respectively. It employs a circular aperture diaphragm which provides better blur characteristics while shooting with wide aperture settings.
It has Cannon’s Super spectra coating in lenses which considerably reduced ghosting and flaring effects. Other features include optical image stabilization. Great for photojournalists on the move.
3) Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G II USM
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 is II USM Lens
9 used from $389.00
- Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens
- Front-focusing method with helicoid ring drive
This lens is not ‘L’ type lens from Canon. However, its compatible with full frame and crop sensor body type.
This lens includes smart functions by Canon such as the latest generation Vibration correction providing four stop optical image stabilization to compensate for camera shakes.
The autofocus function is a ultrasonic motor based system which operates at fairly low decibels.
Autofocus response is also quick but it would have been better if a ring type AF system, which also gives a manual override, a feature which this lens lacks.
Image sharpness is good for all zoom settings and color fringing is also well under control.
4) Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG :-
Best Zoom Lens For Canon
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
10 used from $109.00
- Optimized for use with digital SLR cameras
- Multi-layer lens coating and lens design reduces flare and ghosting
- Minimum focusing distance is 59 inches at all zoom settings
- Features 14 lens elements in 10 Groups
- High-performance lens ideal for portraits, sports photography, nature photography
This lens features a macro switch which can cut shot the minimum focal distance to 95cm from 150cm. this allows to take shoot close objects with a very shallow depth of field which gives great results.
Enabling the macro switch also introduces a magnification factor of 0.5x. The Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG is also equipped with Special low dispersion lens elements which considerably reduce chromatic aberrations.
One shortfall of this lens is that it lacks optical stabilization. Also, the autofocus mechanism is operated by a standard electric motor which makes it a little noisy.
The build quality of the lens is pretty solid and scales for distance and magnification factors are featured on the lens barrel. Picture quality is reasonable sharp and with marginal distortion.
The SLD elements also reduce color fringing greatly. Don’t expect great results under dull lighting conditions.
I am a professional photographer. I love capturing life’s precious moments and freezing them in time forever.
I have been photographing for the last ten years and have never lost my passion for it.
I have used many different photography cameras and lenses. The idea for PhotographyTec.com is to provide unbiased information about the different cameras and lenses I have used in my photography journey.
I love traveling and spending time with my family when I’m not taking photos.
I’m also an avid hiker and outdoorsman, and I spend as much time as possible exploring the beautiful landscapes of America.